- Full-time position - Contract from August 23, 2021 to August 23, 2023
- Working hours: 25 - 35 hours/week
- Salary: According to experience
- Start date: Immediately
- Location: Greater Vancouver with the possibility of working in other areas of BC
RésoSanté C.-B. (RSCB) is a provincial non-profit organization that promotes French language health and wellness services in British Columbia. We are the Ministry of Health's point of contact for Francophone health issues. We reach out across the province to promote French language health through the organization of many unique activities and programs to engage Francophones. As part of the Public Health Agency of Canada's Immunization Partnership Fund: Increasing Confidence, Acceptance and Adoption of COVID-19 Vaccines, RSCB is seeking a Project Manager to implement the "Draw Me a Picture" initiative -- figuratively speaking, the expression means to explain something in an understandable and clear manner to someone.
After 18 months of watching and enduring the evolution of a global pandemic, we are beginning to return to some sense of normalcy with the arrival of vaccines. However, the complexity of this constantly evolving health crisis, as well as the messages conveyed by experts and all the often contradictory social channels, leave many in the population disarmed and uninformed: To be vaccinated or not? Which vaccine is the most effective/safe? After how many doses and at what interval between injections? How are we protected and for how long? etc.
The "Draw Me a Picture" community initiative provides a participatory approach and customized communication vehicles to address these difficult questions with people who are not fluent in the language of use (English in BC) and who are negatively affected by other social determinants of health:
● low-income and homeless senior Francophones or those at risk of homelessness who have limited access to information and communication media: in East Vancouver and the Downtown Eastside;
● Francophones from multicultural communities: in suburban Vancouver (in Surrey, Burnaby and New Westminster);
● Francophones who are not proficient in English and who live primarily in French: in the municipalities where the larger schools of the Conseil scolaire francophone are located;
● Senior Francophones who have a strong community support network in French: in Victoria and Coquitlam ;
● more isolated Francophones: in the Prince George area and on Vancouver Island.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Project Manager is responsible for:
The implementation and successful completion of the Public Health Agency of Canada's Immunization Partnership Fund's Draw Me a Picture project: Increasing Confidence in, Acceptance of, and Adoption of COVID-19 Vaccines.
The Manager is responsible for building the community partnerships and networks necessary to achieve the project objectives. He/she participates in the development of the work plan and schedule of activities, collaborates in the development of the performance and evaluation plan, and is responsible for logistics, administration, and documenting and reporting on the progress of the activities of all actors involved in the project. He/she works closely with/and coordinates the activities of subcontractors during the execution of the project and/or its deliverables. In addition, the manager manages the impacts of the project/activities on the target audiences and in the Francophone community, during its implementation and after its completion.
● Contribute to the development of the work plan-schedule of activities and the performance and
● Contribute to the development of the work plan-activity schedule and performance and evaluation plan, within the parameters of the proposal submitted to PHAC
● Adhere to budget estimates established with funders and ensure accountability throughout the project
● Adhere to budget estimates with funders and ensure accountability throughout the project
● Write activity reports for use by RSCB and for funders
● Anticipate human resource needs to achieve the project's objectives and participate in the
recruitment of outreach workers (peer helpers) and the advisory committee
● Ensure the smooth running of the project and the coordination of the work between the different actors involved
at different stages
● Ability to work independently, prioritize and meet deadlines.
● Experience managing projects with a research component: creating advisory committees, collecting information/data, maintaining confidentiality, conducting quantitative and qualitative
quantitative and qualitative studies, etc.
● Have experience managing health-related projects, popularizing health-related concepts, and strong communication skills
● Demonstrate good teamwork, interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and ability to follow directions from a variety of sources and different levels of authority
● Possess leadership in developing a project vision
● Have an excellent understanding of communication media for target audiences
● Have a good knowledge of the realities of Francophones in a minority setting and the community organizations that bring them together in Greater Vancouver
● Be able to work with immigrant and vulnerable clientele and understand their concerns
● Be able to develop positive, constructive, and lasting human relationships with and between the various partners in the community
● Preference will be given to a candidate who has professional experience in community development strengthening, health promotion, and community-based program design and implementation.
● University degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent in project management.
● 3 years of experience in project/program supervision, ideally in the health field (promotion, prevention, or intervention)
● Knowledge of the health system in British Columbia is an asset
● Experience managing multilingual and multicultural teams
● Have a good knowledge of Slack and Office Suite computer tools and be able to adapt to project management tools
● Possess an advanced level of bilingualism (French-English) both orally and in writing SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
● Available to start immediately and have flexibility in schedule (for evening and weekend activities as needed) and work execution, as well as the ability to multi-task
● Authorized to work in Canada
● Possess a valid British Columbia driver's license
Please send a letter of interest in French and your resume, by August 18th 11:59 pm (Pacific Time): email@example.com with the subject line: Project Manager - Draw me a picture